Deadline for the presentation of the documents: 15 October 2022, 12.00 am
It was published the Call for Papers for the Special Issue “CubeSats Applications for Earth and Prospectives for Planetary Remote Sensing” of Remote Sensing Magazine (ISSN 2072-4292).
CubeSats are involved in a wide range of remote sensing applications. They provide technology demonstrations for Earth science missions, but the scientific community is just starting to exploit CubeSats and CubeSat-derived small satellites in other fields.
CubeSats and platforms taking advantage of CubeSat technology have the potential to make unique contributions to planetary science by creating unique vantage points or multipoint measurements. CubeSats can also be used as platforms for technology demonstration to enable future large missions.
This Special Issue aims at collecting new developments and methodologies, best practices and applications of CubeSats for Earth with perspectives for planetary remote sensing. We would like to invite you to submit articles about your recent research, including, but not limited to (review articles covering one or more of these topics are also very welcome):
- Current and future programs
- Technology developments
- Platforms and new sensors on board (multispectral, hyperspectral, thermal, lidar, dust, magnetic field, gas or radioactivity sensors, etc.)
- Data analysis (image classification, feature extraction, target detection, change detection, etc.)
- Real time processing, onboard data storage and transmission
- Data fusion: integration of CubeSat imagery with satellite, aerial or terrestrial data, integration of heterogeneous data captured by CubeSats
- Applications: (geology, minerals mapping, 3D mapping, atmospheric science, climatology and meteorology, etc.)
- CubeSats for education with applications to remote sensing
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Universe is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI’s English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.